Becoming a Licensed Foster Parent
Our staff will set up an in-home interview to meet potential Foster Parents and answer any questions or concerns you may have, as well as to do an initial walk through of your home. At that time we will provide you with the necessary paperwork to begin the licensing process.
Individuals who wish to become a licensed Foster Parent must complete 30 hours of PS-MAPP Training, which introduces Foster Parents to NDHHS Regulations. This training will shed light on the various issues Foster Parents will potentially experience and the many difficulties Foster Children will experience. You will also receive agency specific training and techniques to deal with these difficult situations. Additional requirements for licensure are as follows:
- Child Abuse Registry Check
- Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Sex Offender Registry Check
- Criminal Background Check w/Omaha Police Department
- Criminal Background Check w/Nebraska State Patrol
- Health screening completed by a medical professional
- Home Study
- Personal Interviews & References
- Valid driver’s license
- Ownership of a vehicle which is in safe operating condition
- Income Verification
Training classes are scheduled to begin again in January and April 2017. Check back frequently for updates or changes to this information.
Please call Marlon at (402) 571-5400 for more details.
9802 Nicholas Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Phone: (402) 571-5400
Fax: (402) 571-5412
Or use our contact form.